Dr Dave O’Brien comes to us with a wealth of knowledge and experience in both large and small animal fields. Dave graduated from Massey University 2003 with a Double Major Bachelor of Animal Science and Zoology. After graduating, Dave worked for Massey University Equine Research for three years, conducting research into protecting horses from bone related causes of lameness. He went on to begin Vet School in 2006. Dave also has a Certification in Bovine Artificial Insemination and has collaborated on a number of published equine research papers.
Courtney Norton works at the Katikati clinic in her Vet Nurse role and is also our Equine Technologist. Courtney completed her Veterinary Technology studies at Massey University and tracked Equine in her final year.
Equestrian supplies such as veterinary exclusive wormers, shampoos and nutritional supplements are available in our Tauranga, Te Puna and Katikati clinics.
We offer you and your horses:
- Consultations and visits for illness, lameness, injuries, colic, vaccinations, worming and referral to specialists when required.
- Routine dentistry
- Health management programs and products
- Vaccination programs and parasite control advice
- Information about equine health
- Lameness and poor performance exams
- Portable digital radiography
- Portable ultrasonography
- Reproductive services
- General medicine service
- Access to dedicated equine facilities for safe handling and examination of horses
- Afterhours service
- Close working relationship with referral equine clinic