Your Equine animal health professional
We are an equine care provider, providing first opinion medicine and ambulatory service to our community across Tauranga and the Western Bay. This growing area of our practice is serviced by a team of experienced Large Animal Veterinarians who have additional training in Equine.
Medical and surgical problems are dealt with in a timely and compassionate way. We use our industry contacts to give you an affordable referral service with access to equine specialists for in-depth treatment.
Preventative health programmes such as wellness, teeth, vaccination and parasitic programs can be tailored to your needs.
Equine health in Tauranga – All your needs are covered
Vet Dr Adrienne Robins completed her Veterinary training at Charles Sturt University in Australia, in 2015. Before this, she completed a Bachelor of Science in New Zealand. Adrienne has worked in mixed practices in the North and South Islands before moving to Tauranga in 2020. Adrienne has experience with companion animals, horses, and livestock and is looking forward to getting to know you and your animals and to help meet the needs of the patients she sees.
Courtney Norton works at the Katikati clinic in her Vet Nurse role and is also our Equine Technologist. Courtney completed her Veterinary Technology studies at Massey University and tracked Equine in her final year.
Equestrian supplies such as veterinary exclusive wormers, shampoos and nutritional supplements are available in our Tauranga, Te Puna and Katikati clinics.
We offer you and your horses:
- Consultations and visits for illness, lameness, injuries, colic, vaccinations, worming and referral to specialists when required.
- Routine dentistry
- Health management programs and products
- Vaccination programs and parasite control advice
- Information about equine health
- Lameness and poor performance exams
- Portable digital radiography
- Portable ultrasonography
- Reproductive services
- General medicine service
- Access to dedicated equine facilities for safe handling and examination of horses
- Afterhours service
- Close working relationship with referral equine clinic