Available 24/7 for clients

0800 838 7267

Shop Online
Book Appointment

Flea Treatment

18 09, 2017

Fleas – Understanding and Treating Fleas

By |2020-07-21T13:29:34+12:00September 18th, 2017|Cats, Companion Animals, Dogs, Flea Treatment, Fleas|0 Comments

The issue with Fleas: Fleas are irritating pests causing pets to itch and scratch, damaging the skin.   Some pets are allergic to the flea’s saliva making them intensely itchy with a single bite.   It is estimated that flea-related diseases account for almost 50% of skin problems reported to veterinarians. The adult fleas that you see are only the tip of the iceberg – estimated to be 5%. The other 95% are in the form of

11 09, 2017

Flea bite hypersensitivity & treating the environment

By |2020-07-21T13:29:34+12:00September 11th, 2017|Cats, Dogs, Flea Treatment, Fleas|0 Comments

What is Flea bit hypersensitivity? Flea bite hypersensitivity is one of the most common skin disorder affecting both cats and dogs. Affected animals are allergic to flea saliva and so when bitten become extremely itchy.  The dog or cat will then scratch and lick affected areas causing skin trauma, and potentially skin infections to develop. To ensure your animal does not get bitten by fleas, they need careful ongoing management.  There are a number of

14 12, 2016

Tips for Healthy Summer Pets!

By |2020-07-30T12:00:47+12:00December 14th, 2016|Dogs, Flea Treatment, Heavy panting, North Island, Summer|0 Comments

Summer is a fabulous time to live in the Bay - we really are spoilt! However it also brings with it some painful  - and preventable - problems for our pets.. The dreaded ‘grass seed season’ is here! Grass seeds attach to fur and with their arrowhead shape, burrow under the skin causing pain and infection. The most common signs are licking an area excessively, swelling and lameness. They are usually found around the feet

21 02, 2014

Dexter – a lesson learned

By |2020-07-30T12:00:49+12:00February 21st, 2014|Cats, Companion Animals, Dogs, Flea Treatment, Fleas, Kitten|0 Comments

You may have seen the coverage in local media about Dexter, a very lovable tabby cat, who nearly died after he was innocently treated with a flea control product meant for a dog. He was nursed back to health after being treated by our wonderful Te Puna team but it was touch and go for a while, highlighting how important it is to treat your pets correctly with appropriate animal-specific products. The story was shared

21 02, 2014

We have a winner!

By |2020-07-30T12:00:49+12:00February 21st, 2014|Cats, Dogs, Flea Treatment, Fleas|0 Comments

We had the great pleasure of rewarding one of our loyal customers with a very special prize this month. Andree Jeffares was the winner of our Weber Q220 Portable BBQ giveaway. To enter the draw, all Andree did was buy a Broadline or Frontline Plus flea treatment from us. So simple! Her name was the lucky one drawn and she’s now enjoying outdoor cooking with her brand-spanking new BBQ like never before and Tui her

Go to Top